Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

Fiafia night




On Wednesday the 9th of April 2014 we had something very exciting going on it was fiafia time. At 6 in the evening everyone was getting ready for fiafia. They got into their costumes.


As my group was getting ready we were waiting in the library singing one of our group songs. It was really dark I could barely see anyone. Everyone looked like shadows including the adults.

At 7 everyone was going outside waiting for it to start. Kapahaka was waiting next to the stage and I was in the kapahaka group. Finally it started Mr Burt was talking for a little bit then we came on stage.  

While the kapahaka group was walking on the stage we got into our lines. Then we started to do our kapahaka songs and our moves the first song was called Nga Waka E Whitu. After that song we sang another kapahaka song called E Tainui E after that song we did another one called Kiko that song was including the poi.
After that song we did our last song called mihi mai ra. After that song everyone was cheering and clapping for us then a few adults were doing the haka. After that we walked of the stage and got changed to go to our next  groups.

After I got changed I went to my next group. Then when it was time for my group we were waiting next to the stage. Then it was our turn we walked on the stage and then we started dancing. We finished our dance then we went of the stage. That was the end of my 2 groups.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.